Pirate Party UK

NEC/Minutes/21st May 2012

From Pirate Party UK Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Attending

  • Andy Halsall
  • Gavin Meredith
  • Jack Alnutt
  • Loz Kaye
  • Steve Wilson
  • Phil Cooke
  • Harley Faggetter

Apologies

Minutes

Pending approval from Andy Halsall, but majority approval.

Matters Arising

  • PC to report back to NEC when board meets and provide details on change to code of conduct - Done and details on Wiki and resignation process detailed.
  • AH to contact Anon/Org groups regarding ACTA protest and hand over to HF - Done, with problems.
  • HF to keep contact with ORG and update Andy with what we need to provide - Ongoing
  • AH to contact Glasgow Pirates and make them aware of local ACTA protest and ensure they're taking part - Done
  • AH to set up sections on the Wiki for policy workgroup discussions - In progress, almost done
  • AH and PC to collate conference requests, put the requests on the wiki, create a forum thread for discussion, and send out an email asking for member participation - Waiting on some NEC input, so ongoing

//ACTION:NEC to send further conference requests to PC and AH

  • NEC to email HF on availability for next 30 days - Waiting on GM

//ACTION:HF to ensure all available dates have been collected and announce a date for the physical NEC meeting.

  • HF to discuss NEC venue with LK - Not Done.

Membership

Capitalising on increased traffic

GM notes that membership has now hit 500, but one member due to renew, so membership will fall back under in the coming days.
AH asks for the lapsing member lists a month before so he can send a 'nice' reminder.
GM notes that members can sign up for monthly memberships, so that would mean members getting sent reminders as soon as they sign up.
AH suggests that a 2 week reminder could be used instead.
GM agrees.
JA steps in, disconnected.
LK asks for an update to the membership system.
SW notes that they have everything they need of AH, but that the help offered for the member signup disappeared, holding up progress.
LK stresses the importance of the membership system being reworked to capitalise on membership recruitment drives.
AH notes that making the membership system only needs to look clean and that it's more important to get it out rather than worry about making it look pretty.
AH notes that he no longer has access to analytics from the current membership system and asks if they've been canned.
SW isn't aware that any changes have taken place with the analytics.
SW notes the membership just needs a few bits cleaned up and retesting then it's ready to go.
LK asks for timing for the new membership system and membership drive comes in.
GM notes he has been waiting for the new member system for some months and would like to see it get out there.
PC notes that the ACTA protest will kick off soon, generating some traffic and asks if the system will be ready by then.
SW says this should be achievable.
PC asks to use this as a timeline.
LK notes that the ACTA story will be dead within a week, so the system needs to be in place for a membership drive.
SW aims to get the system running in 7 days.
GM notes the NEC needs to test the system.
AH suggests that testing be opened to members.
GM notes that he still needs to be able to check emails that get generated from the registration.
//ACTION:SW to get the membership system ready within 7 days.
//ACTION:AH,LK,GM to plan recruitment and fundraising drive.
AH notes that he has been looking into ways to capitalise on membership.
AH notes he needs to talk to GM about payment systems.
//ACTION:LK and PRESS to keep focus on PirateBay and take to mainstream media to keep story alive.

Proxy

PC asks if we're going to continue with providing the generic proxy now source code is available.
AH notes that the generic proxy won't draw anyone in particularly as there is no corresponding story to go to the media with.
AH agrees that we should bring through the generic proxy anyway.
LK agrees with AH, and notes that whilst the generic proxy is important it's not as important as the membership system.
//ACTION:IT Team to provide the generic proxy, but as a low priority.
SW notes that we've now increased the server package with our current provider, moving up by £15/month but providing enough bandwidth to deal with the proxy.
AH notes that VM accounts for 20% of the Broadband market, with the rest of the affected suppliers comprising another 70% of the market, so there is potential for bandwidth to jump again over the long term by 300%.
LK notes that we can use this as part of a fundraising drive.
AH notes that a benefit is we can show what member's money is going towards.
//ACTION:AH, LK, and GM to plan a specific donation drive to support the Party's IT structure.
//ACTION:AH to set up a secondary deposit account in our bank account for GM.
LK dropped out.
LK unable to return, so AH chairs.

Conference

Covered in Matters Arising

AOB

GM:Not at this time
JA:Nothing
SW:Nothing
PC:Notes board elections have been extended to account for the additional vacancy.
GM notes he hasn't received a notification email.
//ACTION:SW to check the mail-out regarding changes in nomination, fix any discovered issues, and report back to the NEC.
HF:Nothing
AH:Notes that Harry has been rotated off the press phone duty and asks for NEC backup. PC agrees to do it.
LK:(Via AH) Notes he had a good experience in Manchester gaining support.

Actions

//ACTION:NEC to send further conference requests to PC and AH
//ACTION:HF to ensure all available dates have been collected and announce a date for the physical NEC meeting.
//ACTION:HF to discuss NEC venue with LK
//ACTION:LK and PRESS to keep focus on PirateBay and take to mainstream media to keep story alive.
//ACTION:SW to get new membership system out within 7 days.
//ACTION:AH,LK,GM to plan recruitment and fundraising drive.
//ACTION:IT Team to provide the generic proxy, but as a low priority.
//ACTION:AH, LK, and GM to plan a specific donation drive to support the Party's IT structure.
//ACTION:AH to set up a secondary deposit account in our bank account for GM.
//ACTION:SW to check the mail-out regarding changes in nomination, fix any discovered issues, and report back to the NEC.


X
We use cookies to provide you the best possible experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website. If you would like to, you can change how your browser controls cookies at any time.
You can also view our Privacy Policy
I understand. Don't show me this message again.