NEC Minutes for 4th February 2016

Thursday, 4 February, 2016 - 20:30
Attending: 
David A Elston, George Walkden, Mark Chapman, Stephen Ogden
Not Present: 
Rebecca Rae, Jack Allnutt, Will Tovey, Harley Faggetter
Observing: 
Adrian Short, Andrew Norton

Agenda for 4th Feb 2016

This meeting took place in the NEC channel on mumble (mumble.pirateparty.org.uk) at 20:30.
==================================================================

==Required to Attend==
David Elston (DE) - Deputy Leader
Rebecca Rae (RR) - Campaigns Officer
George Walkden (GW) - Nominations Officer

Harley Faggetter (HF) - Board Appointed Temporary Nominations Officer (?? If GW hasn't technically resigned is this still valid ??)
Will Tovey (WT) - Board Appointed Temporary Finance Officer
Stephen Ogden (SO) - Board Appointed Temporary Leader

==Invited==
Jack Allnutt (JA), Mark Chapman (MC)


==Apologies==


==Absent==
RR, HF, JA, WT

==Observing==
Andrew Norton (AN) - Board

==Agenda items==
===Financial Access===
DE - Awaiting forms from RR/WT
SW has reset treasury mailbox password as pathway to paypal access.

In the mean time a user has had their Standing Order's rejected from our bank account so this is rather urgent.

===PO Box Access===
DE - Had a reply from Royal Mail regarding PO Box. According to their records it has never been used for PPUK and the service was terminated March 2015.

In the mean time we had a bill from UKPOSTBOX for 0.75~ for some mail they have scanned in for us to view online. I have access to this. I am unsure if it is the same PO Box as advertised else where. Details have been changed to SO's and I am looking into it. We will need a decision on who can authorise payments from paypal. I suggest it matches the bank.

SO's address currently on:
-PayPal
-Crowdfunder
-EC
-UKPOSTBOX
-Spreadshirt
-Zazzle (part)

Due to be added to:
-The website

However, some tests and investigation into UKPOSTBOX may mean SO's address won't be needed.

- Electoral Commission (Currently still POBox when you look at reg details online) - http://search.electoralcommission.org.uk/English/Registrations/PP770

===EC Satisfaction===
EC paperwork currently with Jack. DE has chased on the 27th. Confirmed a cover letter will suffice for Sam. Cris & George can sign for their resignations. Awaiting to hear back from Jack. SO has confimed JA does have the paperwork. JA not yet contacted GW.

===Board  Minutes===

DE- Board sourcing election monitor for Deputy Leader election. Action is on SO to find monitor so he will check with potentials.
DE- Board agreement on Deputy Leader becomes Leader in the absence of a leader for all intents and purposes but reverts to Deputy once a Leader is elected. New NEC code of conduct has been written and proof read. No approval needed - it becomes the new code of conduct after 1 week. Giving +2 days due to pad access issue.
DE - Board approved Sam's mailbox access, read only, if possible. WT confirmed this with e-mail to SW and DE. Awaiting access from SW.

===NEC handover===

Access to the bank account, etc., necessary for WT and anyone else helping with annual  party accounts, which is the major task on the financial side.
//ACTION ALL - try and think up / scare up volunteers for posts.
DE  - A lot of progress has been made here with 4 new volunteers - but new  posts still need to be described and new volunteers sourced

===Leader's Office===

Leader's Update; Call to Action for people to come forward to NEC positions. Bilal wrote back. I wrote to him with particulars and asked for some kind of proposal but he wants to discuss the details over the phone. Further details with Treasury.

Press Hit in Future Councils.

====Last Period====
//ACTION: DE - Talk to SW about setting up a wiki - transferred to DE from CC. Adrian Short and others can do this, keep SW for other tasks. Need to discuss on using a  new wiki or repurposing an old wiki is the right method. Legacy gets spammed so something to consider. Legacy is currently in read-only mode. - Carried over
//ACTION: DE to write up stuff on Welsh Spokesperson for Volunteer page - Carried over
//ACTION: DE to chase Data Protection forms with remaining Governors - DONE
//ACTION: DE to speak with CC and find out what "upload templates to media cache" is - carried over
//ACTION: DE find out out Data Protection register situation - carried over
====Fortnight Ahead====

//ACTION: DE to write up stuff on Welsh Spokesperson for Volunteer page
//ACTION: DE to speak with CC and find out what "upload templates to media cache" is
//ACTION: DE find out the Data Protection register situation - carried over
//ACTION: DE - Talk to SW about setting up a wiki -  transferred to DE from CC. Adrian Short and others can do this, keep SW  for other tasks. Need to discuss on using a  new wiki or repurposing an  old wiki is the right method. Legacy gets spammed so something to  consider. Legacy is currently in read-only mode.
===Treasury===

DE has gained access to Zazzle, PPUK's Store and reset the password. Social Media links on zazzle have been updated. Updated the theme too.

DE also gained access to old Spreadshirt website and updated the information. Theme and tax information need updating. Seems really buggy - updating images crashes a lot.

====Last Period====
//ACTION: SC to order T-shirts. DE - Talk with Cris & Bex on order demand
DE - Was able to use Treasury Mailbox to access Crowdfunder to order demand can now be taken from there
//ACTION: Crowdfunder needs to be processed. Money is in, we need to send out the rewards. - Pending bank access
//ACTION: DE/RR - Bank access paperwork - DE awaiting forms from RR/WT
//ACTION: DE/SW - Speak with SW and Board regarding access to Sam's old e-mails - DONE
//ACTION: Fundraising meeting with SC, RR and Bilal (medium term) (SO thinks Bilal's email *might* be [email protected]) *Bilal said he is still willing to fundraise and  mentioned some "previously discussed things". Asked for proposal to send  to the Board/NEC regarding sponsorship/advertising - made it clear we cannot use tracking or data-based ads etc.
//ACTION: SC to meet CC to finalize bank paperwork - Passed to DE, dealing with RR/WT
//ACTION: SC to PayPal SW some money - Refund when access granted - SW said he will wait for bank access, so this is now Pending Bank Access
//ACTION: DE and SW to discuss technical aspects of this after the meeting - DONE
====Fortnight Ahead====

//ACTION: RR/WT - Deliver banking forms to DE
//ACTION: - Repay expenses
//ACTION: - Complete Crowdfunder pledges
//ACTION: - Update Spreadshirt and complete tax info (VAT registered?)
//ACTION: - Ltd Company info needed

===Nominations===

The next external elections we need to worry about are the May local elections & associated.

====Last Period====

//ACTION: Board - Source election monitor - DONE
//ACTION: GW - Election monitors will need access to IT backend to view counts, etc. - DONE
//ACTION: GW - All nominees will need to have rights  revoked. DE will be locked  out of Admin but will retain Editor  permissions. Admin/Editor has been  given to other parties so cover is  available. - on-going

DE - Provide admin to GW - DONE.


===Fortnight Ahead===

//ACTION:  GW - All nominees will need to  have rights  revoked. DE will be locked  out of Admin but will retain  Editor  permissions. Admin/Editor has been  given to other parties so  cover is  available.
//ACTION: GW Continue to run internal election process

===Campaigns===
====Last Period====

Moved from Nominations:

Prior to last meeting NEC approved David Elston to present himself for co-option onto St Athan (Barry - South Wales) Community Council due to a vacancy. Now with Campaigns as nominations phase complete:

St Athan Community Council responded to DE regarding his request for co-option. Asked to meet with DE on the 1st  March. DE requesting earlier meeting - awaiting reply.

During last meeting NEC approved George Walkden to stand in the Higher Blackley (Manchester) Local Council By-Election.

Press release on by-election for Higher Blackley sent.

Press release on FFT.

//ACTION: DE - record a segment about something he fancies chatting about. "Dave's top tips" (Carried over)
//ACTION: DE - website navigation update; Website navigation is mostly done. Currently working on Policy curation as it ties in with navigation. - DONE
//ACTION:  RR: Get a design volunteer/sound editing volunteer/web content person  volunteer - long term. DE - This has all been posted on the website now. (on-going)
//ACTION: RR to liaise with Bilal about fundraising. DE Dealing
//ACTION: DE to find out who is currently on the press list, as a precursor to adding more people to it - DONE
//ACTION: RR to complete and distribute a marketing strategy

====Fortnight Ahead====

//ACTION: DE - record a segment about something he fancies chatting about. "Dave's top tips"
//ACTION: MC - Website navigation, elections area only
//ACTION: RR: Get a  design volunteer/sound editing volunteer/web content person  volunteer - long term. DE - This has all been posted on the website now. (on-going)
//ACTION: RR to complete and distribute a marketing strategy - RR sent DE a Draft version which is now available in pad and google doc but needs eventual finalising

==================================================================

===Secretary===
====Last Period====

Improved policy navigation
Merged similar policies

====Fortnight Ahead====

//ACTION: Need Local policies
//ACTION: Need two new policy banner images
//ACTION: DE - Update ToS to include info from community guidelines
//ACTION: DE - Inform Mods of Community Guidelines (including stuff for moderators). Also ask them to review any previous bans as it is unclear if anyone was informed of the guidelines.

==================================================================

==Date of Next Meeting==

Thursday 18th February - 8:30pm

==Any Other Urgent Business==

Press release on Julian Assange discussed after the meeting.
 

More Information

Chat with us

   

Social Media

Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon YouTube icon

Current Internal Elections

NEC Elections 2019 - View
Voting opens: Monday, 9 December, 2019 - 00:01
Voting closes: Monday, 23 December, 2019 - 23:59
Governor - View
Nominations opened: 11 April, 2019 - 23:59
Nominations close: Thursday, 25 April, 2019 - 23:59
Voting opens: Saturday, 20 July, 2019 - 23:00
Voting closes: Saturday, 27 July, 2019 - 23:00
Nominations Officer - View
Nominations opened: 11 April, 2019 - 23:59
Nominations close: Thursday, 25 April, 2019 - 23:59