Decisions made since last meeting:
Actions from previous meetings:
- AP: AR to contact SW directly to ask about access to add minutes - DONE!
- AP: HF to inform membership that we wish to impanel a FOC - postponed until Treasurer sorted out
- AP: HF, SO, WT to notify NEC of willingness to stand and start processing EC forms. - Done
- AP: All, draft New-Year message to Membership and Public - handed over to NEC/Leader's Update
- AP: AF to call Sam about changing signatories on bank and report back to Board - No contact made. Overtaken by events.
- AP: WT to email Board list asking for a Deputy Chair - Done
0) Matters Arising
1) Party leadership positions
Forms are being filled in and are on their way to the EC. With JA as of 25th Jan. Cris & George willing to sign. Cover letter will suffice for SC's missing sig.
AP: SO to chase JA again in a week.
2) Banking and finance
Party is recovering access to the bank account - currently has forms to be signed by two new signatories.
3) Deputy Chair
We need a new Deputy Chair for the current 6-month period. AF volunteered
Vote: Board approve AF as Deputy Chair:
- Yes: HF, TJ, DM, AN, SO, AR, WT - 7
- No: - 0
- Abstain: AF - 1
Vote is passed
4) Board to source election monitor
Suggestion, (non-NEC London-based member) Bex
AP: SO to contact Bex
5) Party Leader clarification
- Deputy Leader takes on this role?
- Will Board elect Interim Leader?
- Something else?
SO thoughts: Leaders role is:
- official with EC - covered by SO
- chairing NEC - should/could be covered by deputy
- party figurehead - should/could be covered by deputy
Happy for deputy leader to stand in for leader - after all they are deputy! Don't think they need to be designated or appointed to NEC 'leader' role and as that's an elected role not sure it would be right to appoint someone to the position/title. Being the acting leader may work - is a label other than 'deputy leader' required?
Board agreeing with SO - no objections.
DE Thanks the Board for clarification
HF: suggests NEC's code of practice should be a bit more descriptive about this
DE: I will take that as an action on me
6) Sam's Mailbox Access
DE requested approval from Board to access Sam's Party email account as part of re-organising the Treasury
Vote: Board approves DE being given access to SC's ppuk email account for Treasury purposes
- Yes: HF, AF, TJ, DM, AN, SO, AR, WT - 8
- No: - 0
- Abstain: - 0
AP WT to ask SW to provide read-only access to SC's emails for DE, and CC'd to Sam's personal email
AN: suggestion on adding something like this to induction materials - AN to take AP
x) Activity Report
- SO: attended London branch meeting, signed EC forms, pressed send on a press release someone else wrote
- AF: Helped with drafting of New Year message.
- HF: Attended London branch meeting, signed EC forms, went to Defcon to listen to Chris Monteiro's speech (London PPUK member). "Sales pitches" weren't permitted, so no outreach.
- WT: Attending London branch meeting, signed EC forms
- TJ: [not specifically PPUK] local Council epetition on TTIP to be heard by Bristol City Council in March 2016: http://epetitions.bristol.gov.uk/epetition_core/view/ttip2015
- AN - not much, researching Pirate Party history for the 10th year still.
y) Any Other Business
AN: should we have a formal archiving policy for Board (and NEC?) audio recordings?
SO: Purpose of keeping recordings - public record, for making minutes?
AP: AN to email Board list to start working out who has recordings and what to do with them
Next meeting 24 February 20:30
- AP: HF to inform membership that we wish to impanel a FOC
- AP: SO to chase JA again in a week [over EC forms].
- AP: SO to contact Bex [over election monitor].
- AP: WT to ask SW to provide read-only access to SC's emails for DE, and CC'd to Sam's personal email.
- AP: AN to add something on accessing emails to Board induction materials.
- AP: AN to email Board list to start working out who has recordings and what to do with them.