Status of quorum
Decisions taken since last meeting
Election monitors for upcoming elections: Daniel Hertz, Andrew Norton, Peter Brett (see (4))
Actions from the last meeting
- AP HF will try to chivvy Constitutional Amendment processes onwards DONE
- AP SO: raise oversight committees with NEC to get broad agreement between NEC and Board on announcing this at conference. DONE
- no agreement so not announced at conference.
- PC suggested he wasn't comfortable with the Board handing-off its oversight responsibilities and remaining at the current size.
- SO's opinion is that oversight committees are not formally in the Board's remit so this isn't a reduction in workload.
- If oversight committees are in the Board's remit then surely it is free to organise them however it wishes?
- PC's response does however re-raise the discomfort there is from outside with the Board being at the size it currently is with the minimal work-load it is perceived to handle.
- AP: SC - Publish BPI Report NOT DONE
- AP: If opening of nominations have not started by date of next board meeting (October 29th) then raise it as issue. N/A
Constitutional Amendment Suggestions from NEC (HF ??)
- AP: JA to put new amendments from NEC onto forums after approval
- AP: PB to schedule e-mail to board for extra meeting next week
- AP: All to read over amendments and e-mail thoughts to board list
Corporate identity for the Party (SC)
SC to report on work to register a corporate identity for PPUK
Discussion of preferred format for the corporate board of directors (scope to add to Board remit to re-legitimise the current size?)
- AP: SC - Send position paper to Board and NEC (in the next 2 weeks) to continue discussions on incorporation
Reports from conference (any/all)
Any reports from conference which may have bearing on Board's work?
- PB, HF, JA, SC, SO attended
- HF was tweeting a lot
- Branches up north are going well, but need more down south
Upcoming Party elections (SO)
3 election monitors found. 1 more than normal as Phil wanted more oversight this time around as it is a full election.
Monitors: DH, AN, PB
SO not doing election monitoring - Phil has asked SO to handle the election process for any position where PC could be regarded as having a conflict of interest (this would currently be for the Secretary position that Leanne is nominated/seconded for ( https://www.pirateparty.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8217#p38499 )
SO has offered some mumble-based training for AN and PB should they need it to get them comfortable with what's required for election monitoring.
- Nominations Open: 18th October (upon posting)
- Nominations Close: 8th November (23:59)
- Campaigning Opens: at close of Nominations
- Campaigning Closes: 22nd November 23:59
- Voting Opens: 23rd November (00:00)
- Voting Closes: 14th December (23:59)
Postpone to next week's meeting
- WT: No
- SC: No
- JA: New election 5 December in manchester
- LD: No
- PH: No
- AN: Working on a press release
- PB: No
- HF: London meeting on the 30th and a Conference on the 31st