Decisions made since last meeting:
Actions from previous meetings:
Andrew McCallum removed from Board
- DE update website Board listing:
- But https://pirateparty.org.uk/previous-board-members needs update
- HF to update the mailing list
- AF Send e-mail to notify Andrew McCallum of decision, thank him for his service and let him know how we can return if he wishes.
- Done (Unknown if received)
WT to e-mail Sam again at some point
- Laptops, Camera, etc. still need to be pursued (ongoing)
JA make contact with Bex wrt stock and stuff
- AF take over action from JA
- Done. Contacted via FB. She has nothing left with her.
HF: Pursue reduction in hosting costs.
- See agnda item below
SO: Find out what is going on with bank account [I need more bank statements to finish the accounts
- Action SO: Find out which branch could be usefully visited
DE: Manchester branch status still uncertain.
- Continue efforts with stress on Manchester branch needing leadership/co-ordination
DE: Minutes missing from website (still)
- DE and AF to get up-to-date starting with most recent
- Done back to 28/9/16 and before 9/3/16
- Should still fill the gap, but less urgent
- AF will enter new minutes as we go along
DE: Can treasury provide a budget for what we can spend on the up coming local elections
- DE get costings - on-going - will send after meeting
- Target four candidates?
- Cash available subject to spending on IT infrastructure
- Press Release
- DE add to web site
- DE kick KY to send out locally
- Action scrapped at Kev appears to have resigned
- Done but...
- Go back and tweak again if Kev is really gone.
- DE add to web site
Cameron McInnes Student journo via FB
- DE to respond to questions (Done)
- Since then another student (graphics designer) asked for similar and is looking to volunteer in London
HF (and or MC) handle NEC nomination and vote.
- DE: Need to open nominations!
- DE happy to be election monitor
New IT Plan has been completed. We are awaiting purchases from finance. DE: Has this been approved? Awaiting answers to questions posed in e-mail some time ago.
Notable points to plan:
- £250 per month approx current spend which can roughly be halved.
- Hosting plan should be mostly the same as before in terms of service
- Side-by-side running needed for a few months, cost £100 per month.
- Transfer should take 3 months
- Should be no complications between UK - France law (new 'le servers' will be in France)
Approval given from Treasury for budget
Approval given by Board to proceed
- No changes to front end, end-user should be unaware
- Back end understanding has hugely increased
- Documentation has been created to avoid single points of failure
- Automation of updates a possible long term goal
- Latest versions of drupal a part of the migration plan
- In prep for migration old services have been switched off without issue
DE: Did a blog, social media stuff. Some forum activity. Usual stuff but minor
HF: I made some of our facebook pages a little less shit and point to the right places
MC: Some tweeting type activity...
Any Other Business
1 Collection of people at https://pirateparty.org.uk/party looks suspect!
- DE: I have removed people who are no longer members from here. I have also asked new volunteers for info so that I can give them a public facing profile but nothing passed my way as of yet. There are also people on that list who we have not heard from in over 6 months.
- Ideally add pictures from JW, MJ and NS
2 It is time to put a deputy chair of the Board in place (for when AF isn't here, and to be prepared for 6-12 months down the line)
- HF elected by Board
3 PPUK meetup survey
- Results at https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-H7G8B8NF/
- MJ to follow up with date and location planning
4 SO - can you send Harley / I the London branch twitter account login details yes.
Next meeting: 25th Jan 8.30pm