Stickers

Leaflets, posters, blog badges, slogans. All suggestions welcome. Forum FAQ Here

Stickers

Postby FozzDog » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:54 pm

I just knocked up some quick designs for 99.1mm X 38.1mm stickers, mainly because i've just bought some sticker paper of that size :)

FozzDog
Lookout

Re: Stickers

Postby Icanhas » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:56 pm

Awesome!
Icanhas
IT Team

Postby steffman » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:40 pm

do we know what the dealio is with the law and putting stickers on stuff?

i thought about doing the same thing, we allready haves ticker paper in the hosue, but then i didn't know where i could put them without it beeing classed as vandalism or something silly....

edit: also thought on beermats would be good
steffman
Deckhand

Postby random_turnip » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:46 am

Anything public would be classed as vandalism. But do it somewhere without a camera and you aren't going to get caught. If i had a sticker printer i would be going to all the local public toilets right now.
"Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too" - Voltaire
random_turnip
Deckhand

Postby M2Ys4U » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:28 am

I think we should try and stay away from stickers if we're going to be seen as "legitimate" by the public.
Jack Allnutt - Deputy Campaigns Officer, Member of the Board of Governors and former RAO for North-West England
Tweet E-Mail
M2Ys4U
Deputy Campaigns Officer

Postby random_turnip » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:11 pm

Nothing wrong with sticker, it's just the places you put them.
It's a good point though, you don't want to be known as the party who has a load of rabid teenagers vandalizing slogans everywhere, there is such thing as bad publicity in this case.

You can still put them on your own items though, car windows, laptops, skateboards, front door windows... without any bad reputation, other parties have done it in the past, it's no different to wearing a badge.
random_turnip
Deckhand

Postby M2Ys4U » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:19 am

Ah, well bumper stickers etc are different :p

The problem with small factor stickers is the temptation to post them wherever you can. Manchester had a big problem with the love united hate glazer stickers from a few years ago - some are still there!

If we do 'official' stickers I saw we keep to form factors of, and advertise them as, 'bumper stickers' and 'window stickers'.
Jack Allnutt - Deputy Campaigns Officer, Member of the Board of Governors and former RAO for North-West England
Tweet E-Mail
M2Ys4U
Deputy Campaigns Officer

Postby SimbaLogical » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:01 am

random_turnip wrote:Nothing wrong with sticker, it's just the places you put them.
It's a good point though, you don't want to be known as the party who has a load of rabid teenagers vandalizing slogans everywhere, there is such thing as bad publicity in this case. You can still put them on your own items though, car windows, laptops, skateboards, front door windows... without any bad reputation, other parties have done it in the past, it's no different to wearing a badge.

pfffft, its not always "bad" publicity. And the other parties (esp smaller ones) will do it.
leaving business card sized promo stuff "lying" around on trains etc is guerilla marketing at its finest.
if its good enough for obama, then we should use it too.

I hate to pigeon-hole, but our "standard member" will worry a lot more about copyright, surveillance & patent issues than political promotional sticker graffiti. Due, of course, to it being a very minor issue.
風Swift as the wind
林Quiet as the forest
火Conquer like the fire
山Steady as the mountain
SimbaLogical
Boatswain's Mate

Postby SimbaLogical » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:04 am

random_turnip wrote:Anything public would be classed as vandalism. But do it somewhere without a camera and you aren't going to get caught. If i had a sticker printer i would be going to all the local public toilets right now.

you sir, are an idiot.

Toilet "Stickering" should be left to the BNp.

I can think on over 9000 better ways to do it.
風Swift as the wind
林Quiet as the forest
火Conquer like the fire
山Steady as the mountain
SimbaLogical
Boatswain's Mate

Postby Sharkz » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:25 pm

simbalogical wrote:pfffft, its not always "bad" publicity. And the other parties (esp smaller ones) will do it.
leaving business card sized promo stuff "lying" around on trains etc is guerilla marketing at its finest.
minor issue.

I remember seeing some of the Scientology protesters cards on the london underground. Was so cash.
:)
Sharkz
PPUK Candidate

Postby M2Ys4U » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:29 pm

sharkz wrote:
simbalogical wrote:pfffft, its not always "bad" publicity. And the other parties (esp smaller ones) will do it.
minor issue.

I remember seeing some of the Scientology protesters cards on the london underground. Was so cash.

Anonymous, pretty much by definition, couldn't be held responsible - who exactly do you hold responsible?!

The same cannot be said about PPUK - the executive can, and will, be held responsible for every transgression that includes the Party's name and/or logo.
Tweet E-Mail
M2Ys4U
Deputy Campaigns Officer

Postby Sharkz » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:39 pm

Never said we should do it. Just said it happened :P
Sharkz
PPUK Candidate

Postby SimbaLogical » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:54 pm

m2ys4u wrote:The same cannot be said about PPUK - the executive can, and will, be held responsible for every transgression that includes the Party's name and/or logo.

What? Are you suggesting that some kind of civil or criminal action would be brought against us due to fly posting by party members?????
Have you lost the power of thought? please, think it over....!

There will be no "stickergate" for the PPUk. That kind of victimisation would be catastrophic for /those/ who oppose us.
Millions of fileshares see party on news being charged with graffiti = ?? Join said party.

just try and think a bit more.
風Swift as the wind
林Quiet as the forest
火Conquer like the fire
山Steady as the mountain
SimbaLogical
Boatswain's Mate

Postby random_turnip » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:51 pm

simbalogical wrote:
random_turnip wrote:Anything public would be classed as vandalism. But do it somewhere without a camera and you aren't going to get caught. If i had a sticker printer i would be going to all the local public toilets right now.

you sir, are an idiot.

Toilet "Stickering" should be left to the BNp.

I can think on over 9000 better ways to do it.

-_-
Way to take a joke seriously. You think that if i was going to advertise something my first plan would be to stick it in public bathrooms? maybe if i was a prostitute...
random_turnip
Deckhand

Postby comet » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:54 pm

I think putting stickers in cities would be a good idea, especially outside music shops, near CCTV signs etc. People would start to take notice and start to think, especially if the message was easy to understand.

I put "stickers" into the search bar hoping there was some sticker campaign or something like that.
comet
Swabbie

Postby xceptopec » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:58 pm

Stickers might be a good idea for the likes of Greenpeace in years gone by, and while I understand the desire to get the name of the party out into the public domain I have to say I feel stickering would not do PPUK (or by association PP and PPI) any good at all, and could in fact give those that might oppose PPUK even more bloody ammo to use against the party. Bumper stickers, car stickers - not got a problem there, but stickering anywhere in public, not a good idea.
xceptopec
Sword Sharpener

Postby xceptopec » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:01 pm

Alas I have no contacts, however it might be useful for one of the party officials (or equivalent) to make contact with the people behind the site http://www.no-cctv.org.uk/default.asp and see if they would be willing to fly the flag on their site, and perhaps put a link back to this site (and maybe even the PPI site)
xceptopec
Sword Sharpener

Postby Sharkz » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:01 pm

You don't really even have to sticker yourself. Go to gigs. Hand out stickers. People will just stick them places.
Sharkz
PPUK Candidate

Postby xceptopec » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:36 am

sharkz wrote:You don't really even have to sticker yourself. Go to gigs. Hand out stickers. People will just stick them places.

Granted, but you still have the end result of stickers bearing the party name potentially being put anywhere, and thus the potential for people opposed to the party having ammo to use aganst us, stickering like that could be deterimental to the party.
xceptopec
Sword Sharpener

Postby comet » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:38 pm

What if the stickers didn't contain the party's name, but had messages about what the party stands for?

That wouldn't exactly be promotion, but it might make people think.
comet
Swabbie

Return to Promotional Materials