Meeting in Reading

Meeting in Reading

Postby LePringle » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:50 pm

Good evening everyone,

I was wondering who lives in Reading or - even better - is a student at the university of Reading. I am very keen on establishing something like a regular's table for political discussions as this is the perfect breeding ground for further debates, political thoughts and the development of such.

I'm from Germany and I have seen the German Pirate Party grow in the past few years. Now they have seats in the Landtag [state parliament] of Berlin. As I will be living in the UK for quite some time, at least 4 years, I definitely seek to support the local, regional and national bodies of the Pirate Party in the UK.

Do connections, meetings or personal contacts between British and German Pirate Party Members exist? Are they on a routine basis?

With kind regards from Reading,

LePringle
LePringle
Swabbie

Re: Meeting in Reading

Postby philhouse » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi there,

I myself have been wondering about Pirate Party goings-on around the Reading area. I see from the wiki there is activity in Guildford.

I'd be more than interested in helping set up a meeting, casual or not for general and political discussion. Maybe something social one evening would kickstart things if we had enough people interested?
philhouse
Swabbie

Postby LePringle » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Perfectly fine! But let's just wait one more week or so, maybe some other members stumble upon this thread here.
LePringle
Swabbie

Postby zag » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm from Reading also
zag
Sword Sharpener

Postby nekomata » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:11 pm

I'm in the process of moving to Reading. Once I've settled in and sorted out some details at the new job, I'm hoping to get more involved with PPUK again.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
nekomata
Swabbie

Postby tuoni » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:43 am

Hi guys,

If you manage to arrange a meeting between you, do let me (e.geraghty@pirateparty.org.uk), the NEC (nec@pirateparty.org.uk) or campaigns (campaigns@pirateparty.org.uk) know and we can make sure it gets publicised on Facebook and Twitter for you :)
We do what we must because we can...
Everything I say is definitive. Reality is sometimes inaccurate.
tuoni
Party Secretary

Postby blex_areton » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi, new member here, I live in Reading and it would be great to meet some other PP members.
blex_areton
Swabbie

Postby AdamG » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:30 pm

I've just joined. I'm a student at the University of Reading. I have the experience to help set up a student society if there was enough interest, but I don't have the time to run it by myself due to other campaigning commitments.

I also attend Reading Skeptics in the pub regularly. I'm with the curly haired one in the group that are clearly students, come and say hello.

Does this count as enough people to try and pick a date and location? I'm free almost all the time until term starts, and if we were trying to start a student society, we'd want to have most of the paperwork done well before then.
AdamG
Swabbie

Return to England