You wouldn't download a human...

News Stories that Pirates should know about

You wouldn't download a human...

Postby borgs8472 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:33 pm

http://www.physorg.com/news/2012-02-ent ... coded.html
Entire genome of extinct human decoded from fossil

Researchers have now been able to sequence the entire Denisova genome using 10 milligram of a finger bone fragment that was found in the Denisova-Cave in Southern Sibiria.

In 2010, Svante Pääbo and his colleagues presented a draft version of the genome from a small fragment of a human finger bone discovered in Denisova Cave in southern Siberia. The DNA sequences showed that this individual came from a previously unknown group of extinct humans that have become known as Denisovans. Together with their sister group the Neandertals, Denisovans are the closest extinct relatives of currently living humans.

You can download the entire genome and it's only 159gigs from AWS 4.5 gigs

Makes me think I could encode myself, seed it and take over the world with my clones. AFAIK the human genome is DRM free but you can only get the binaries, not the source.
borgs8472
Space Pirate

Return to News Stories & Web Links