Meets

Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside

Meets

Postby bobappleyard » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:48 pm

EDIT: the time and place of the meet has changed following the sensible advice of davidhenry.

AND IT'S CHANGED AGAIN!!

OK, I'm basically going to put myself forward as the administrator/leader/whatever for the North West chapter, although I'll happily relinquish such a position if someone else wants it.

I live in Manchester, which I would imagine is a natural place to base such an organisation. It'll all be terribly informal to begin with, of course.

Either way, I'll be sitting in a pub once a month if anyone wants to come along. The place will be Britons Protection on Great Bridgewater St, and the time will be the first Sunday of every month from 1-3 PM.

Here's a map showing the location of this pub: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?cid=0,0,2 ... 8770952325

And here's an event on Facebook, if you have it (join the group too!!) http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=61877769995

So the first meet is Sunday 6th September. I look forward to seeing you!
Last edited by bobappleyard on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Live in the North West? viewtopic.php?p=2409
Note the meetup time&place has changed AGAIN.
bobappleyard
Lookout

Re: Meets

Postby rancidpunk » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:07 pm

Good job sir, hope you get plenty of support.
- No copyright, Piratpartiet, 1983 -
rancidpunk
Terror of the High Seas

Postby miguel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:28 pm

I'm in Manchester too, and as long as nothing else comes up I'll come there.
miguel
Cabin Kid

Postby valisk1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:52 pm

Same here, and I will endeavour to be there.
valisk1
Cannon Loader

Postby 1uk3 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:47 am

I'm in Warrington but that seems like a good location for meet-ups.

Unfortunately I'll be working at that time on Saturday so won't be able to attend. I would love to know how it went though and if it does turn into a meeting, perhaps some minutes or rough notes of what was discussed could be published here?

If any of you have Twitter accounts feel free to add me, send me a DM and let me know that you're from the Pirate Party and I'll add you back so thing's can be discussed there too. :)

http://www.twitter.com/1uk3
http://www.lukeaddison.com
1uk3
Swabbie

Postby bobappleyard » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:47 pm

1uk3 wrote:Unfortunately I'll be working at that time on Saturday so won't be able to attend.

I tried to pick a time when the fewest number of people are working, or otherwise engaged. It can be re-arranged, as I stated in the OP.

I would love to know how it went though and if it does turn into a meeting, perhaps some minutes or rough notes of what was discussed could be published here?

If anything does get discussed I'll inevitably scribble some things down. Those will be posted back up here in this forum.
bobappleyard
Lookout

Postby JPrescott » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Anyone near Preston/Blackpool/Lytham?
JPrescott
Sword Sharpener

Postby Teachdaire » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:43 am

jprescott wrote:Anyone near Preston/Blackpool/Lytham?

I'm between Blackburn and Accrington.
Teachdaire
Swabbie

Postby mathew » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:12 am

I'm between Preston and Lancaster.

Unfortunately a bit far to meet in Manc, maybe sometime in the future when I'm less busy on my thesis :)
mathew
Swabbie

Postby JPrescott » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:47 am

mathew wrote:I'm between Preston and Lancaster.

excellent stuff... :P
JPrescott
Sword Sharpener

Postby DavidHenry » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:42 pm

Salford here!

Where abouts are all you fellow Greater Manchester people?

A few of us are forming a Salford group give me a shout if you want to join in the shinnanigans!
Green Pirate
DavidHenry
Cabin Kid

Postby bobappleyard » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:44 pm

davidhenry wrote:Salford here!

Where abouts are all you fellow Greater Manchester people?

A few of us are forming a Salford group give me a shout if you want to join in the shinnanigans!

Can I say "see you Saturday 29th?"

I started an agenda thread for the meeting, your proposed campaign is obviously on there.
bobappleyard
Lookout

Postby DavidHenry » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:28 pm

Great idea, I support you Bob, every movement needs people like yourself willing to come forward and volunteer to faciliate its birth!

I can't make 29th August. Working. There is also a lot happening that weekend as it's a bank holiday. How about the following Saturday or Sunday 5/6th September to give people more time and aim to have it on the first weekend of the month or something?

Piccadilly Gardens or central Manchester is a logical location. However it might be wise to pick a more accessible venue as Weatherspoons in Piccadilly is where they screen live football matches and as a very strict door policy even in the daytime and not very suitable for meetings - although the Britons Protection on Great Bridgewater St (just next to GMEX by the Beetham Tower) often allow groups to meet there and they recently had an anti-surveillance/big brother/anti-database state meeting in there so they may welcome us.

I'm sure with time as the movement grows in the North West we can have regional meetings in other towns and cities too.
Green Pirate
DavidHenry
Cabin Kid

Postby bobappleyard » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:57 pm

davidhenry wrote:Great idea, I support you Bob, every movement needs people like yourself willing to come forward and volunteer to faciliate its birth!

I saw the subforum was empty, I knew what I had to do.

I can't make 29th August. Working. There is also a lot happening that weekend as it's a bank holiday. How about the following Saturday or Sunday 5/6th September to give people more time and aim to have it on the first weekend of the month or something?

Excellent point. I just picked a time&place without really thinking too much about it.

Piccadilly Gardens or central Manchester is a logical location. However it might be wise to pick a more accessible venue as Weatherspoons in Piccadilly is where they screen live football matches and as a very strict door policy even in the daytime and not very suitable for meetings - although the Britons Protection on Great Bridgewater St (just next to GMEX by the Beetham Tower) often allow groups to meet there and they recently had an anti-surveillance/big brother/anti-database state meeting in there so they may welcome us.

Ah yeah, hadn't considered that either. I was mostly thinking about somewhere that people are likely to know about, and is central etc etc.

Basically your ideas here are just better than mine, so I'm updating the OP and alerting everyone who's replied so far.

I'm sure with time as the movement grows in the North West we can have regional meetings in other towns and cities too.

Yes, that would be a good thing to have, eventually.
bobappleyard
Lookout

Postby Goetz » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:24 pm

I am in Blackpool.

Goetz
Goetz
Swabbie

Postby AByssUK » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:05 pm

I'll try to make this, although I'd like to start up a Macclesfield branch at some point.

Dan, Macclesfield
AByssUK
Swabbie

Postby bobappleyard » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:25 pm

abyssuk wrote:I'll try to make this, although I'd like to start up a Macclesfield branch at some point.

We don't want to be divided like that too early on, while our membership is so low.

Go for it if you can get people to come along though. We do need as much support as we can get!
bobappleyard
Lookout

Postby MRES » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:42 pm

I'm between Blackburn and, well, other bits of Blackburn.
MRES
Swabbie

Postby JimmyTalent » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:40 am

My first post-

I can and will attend on the weekend of the 5th! :twisted:
JimmyTalent
Swabbie

Postby JPrescott » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:50 pm

I'm in Liverpool at the end of September and looking to get my hands on some leaflets if anyone has any time to raid some universities?
JPrescott
Sword Sharpener

Next

Return to North West England