UK air traffic control goes after Wikileaks

News Stories that Pirates should know about

Re: UK air traffic control goes after Wikileaks

Postby horizon86 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:57 am

Yeah i'm not too sure about this but i'm pertty sure you can't copyright a conversation. Technically that is what all air traffic control communications are, conversations were both parties relay information. Sounds like they just don't want it on the net and don't have any other chance of pulling it.
horizon86
Lookout

Postby cabalamat » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:07 pm

horizon86 wrote:Yeah i'm not too sure about this but i'm pertty sure you can't copyright a conversation.

I don't think that's right -- I would imagine a spoken conversation would have the same copyright status as any other sound recording.

My understanding is that copyight law has been used in the past to surpress embarrassing works. Clearly this is an abuse of the law, and needs to be stopped.
Philip Hunt, <p.hunt@pirateparty.org.uk>.
cabalamat
Party Governor

Postby funkydiscoman » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:12 pm

Not likely anybody will get anything removed from wikileaks. There have been plenty of attempts,,,,
funkydiscoman
Swabbie

Return to News Stories & Web Links