Government Consultation on Open Standards

Discuss Pirate Party policy

Re: Government Consultation on Open Standards

Postby topperfalkon » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:42 am

I've kicked off a PiratePad to get us started.
Party Governor Feb 2013 -
Party Secretary Oct 2011- Nov 2012
topperfalkon
Party Governor

Re: Government Consultation on Open Standards

Postby azrael » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:37 am

We contacted you a little while ago to let you know that building on your responses to the UK Government Open Standards Survey, we had launched a public consultation and were inviting people to give their views on open standards for software interoperability, data and document formats in the Open Standards: Open Opportunities online consultation.

The questions and proposed policy go into much more depth than the previous survey and it’s important that we get as much feedback and detailed evidence as possible. The outcome will inform the Government’s policy on:

· The definition of open standards for UK Government IT
· The meaning of mandation and the effects compulsory standards may have on government departments, delivery partners and supply chains; and
· Alignment with international initiatives and regulations.

If you haven’t already responded, please do consider giving your views to the online consultation (http://bitly.com/openstandards) by 3 May. Alternatively, you could take part in one of the public roundtable discussions (http://bitly.com/openstandardsevents) – they’re really useful for unpacking the issues on some of the in-depth questions that the consultation raises.
Governor of the Board 2010-present
Former South-East Regional Administrative Officer (2010-2011)
azrael
Party Governor

Return to Policy Discussion