There Is A Better Way

This forum is for commenting on blog articles.

There Is A Better Way

Postby admin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:40 pm

There Is A Better Way

Read the full story
admin
Bot

Re: There Is A Better Way

Postby Crosbie » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:01 pm

"It is impossible to enforce the ban against non-commercial file sharing without infringing on fundamental human rights."

Let me fix that for you...

It is impossible to enforce copyright's privilege of prohibiting individuals from copying one's published works without violating human rights.

One cannot reform privileges, since privileges are a priori violations of human rights. One should and can only abolish privileges. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rights_of_Man#Arguments

A DJ sued by copyright holders for selling infringing remixes has their fundamental human rights violated just as a DJ who gives their remixes away for nothing.
"I will not accept the enslavement of my fellow man, nor any imposition upon his liberty, as reward for the publication of my art"
Crosbie
Cabin Kid

Return to Blog Comments & Discussion