Just a question or 2

A forum for people to voice their opinion, ask us questions, debate and discuss. Please use the search bar to see if a question has been raised and discussed before.

Just a question or 2

Postby priviet02 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:04 pm

hi everyone

i considered joining you at one point as i would like to run one day for councillor or mp

but there does seem to be to much surrounding one or two issues that could in fact be linked as one

so what happens on policies like education , health care , crime and punishment e.t.c would i be able to run on what i believe surrounding these policies or is there a line i have to follow
priviet02
Swabbie

Re: Just a question or 2

Postby scuzzmonkey » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:31 pm

anything that isn't core-policy is at your discretion .
- Will Mac (@Scuzzmonkey)
- Governor (July 2010 - March 2012), PPUK
---
- "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." - Douglas Adams
scuzzmonkey
Space Pirate

Postby M2Ys4U » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:32 pm

We encourage our candidates to listen to their constituents' concerns and make up their own mind when it comes to policies not covered in our manifesto. We have no party whip, but expect candidates to vote for Pirate policies - otherwise what's the point in being a Pirate?
Jack Allnutt - Deputy Campaigns Officer, Member of the Board of Governors and former RAO for North-West England
Tweet E-Mail
M2Ys4U
Deputy Campaigns Officer

Postby azrael » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:36 pm

Hi priviet02,

Do you mind me asking what region you live in? if you're in the South East I'd be happy to talk with you about standing in the 2011 local elections!
Governor of the Board 2010-present
Former South-East Regional Administrative Officer (2010-2011)
azrael
Party Governor

Postby priviet02 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:57 pm

ok thanks guys

i like the idea of going with your gut instinct on the local constituants concerns as there are very little parties that full agree with what i stand on

and yes i am based in the south east just outside london
priviet02
Swabbie

Postby azrael » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi priviet02,

Might be worth you investigating exactly which region you are in. London is technically a different region to the South East so you might not be in the SE. If you are in the SE and do want to stand for local election (or aren't sure and want help working out what region you are in), drop me an email to s.ogden@pirateparty.org.uk
Governor of the Board 2010-present
Former South-East Regional Administrative Officer (2010-2011)
azrael
Party Governor

Postby priviet02 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:26 pm

sent you e-mail
priviet02
Swabbie

Return to Questions for the Party