Project Postcard: The Posting

Party Campaigns and candidates - get involved!

Re: Project Postcard: The Posting

Postby Pete » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:09 pm

Yup £4 per order, just reconfirming.
Peter Liddell
Pete
1st Mate

Postby PeterBrett » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:57 am

I've just ordered 15,000 postcards -- time to go to the PPUK shop and arrange to receive some!
Board of Governors
"If you can do one thing every day towards raising the party's profile or making a material contribution to its activities, it'll make a difference. Let's do this."
PeterBrett
Party Governor

Postby rancidpunk » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:58 am

Peter, I ordered 500 through paypal last Tuesday, any idea on the lead time, 'cos I need to be in when they are delivered.
- No copyright, Piratpartiet, 1983 -
rancidpunk
Terror of the High Seas

Postby PeterBrett » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:52 am

rancidpunk wrote:Peter, I ordered 500 through paypal last Tuesday, any idea on the lead time, 'cos I need to be in when they are delivered.

I won't receive them until 22nd February. I'll then start repackaging them and posting them out, and when I do so I'm hoping to be able to e-mail out notifications. Still working out with the Treasurer how best to handle that. ;-)
Board of Governors
"If you can do one thing every day towards raising the party's profile or making a material contribution to its activities, it'll make a difference. Let's do this."
PeterBrett
Party Governor

Postby PeterBrett » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:54 pm

I've just posted to the PPUK blog with some reduced-size images of the final design. Thanks to crumble and andrewtindall for their excellent work!

Just to clarify: the way to order cards has changed. You now need to order and pay for them via the PPUK shop. This is intended to make it easier to keep track of donations and comply with the Electoral Commission regulations. Sorry about the change; tomorrow, I'll send out private messages to all those who expressed an interest in cards in this thread reminding them to re-place their orders.

Thanks for supporting Project Postcard!
Board of Governors
PeterBrett
Party Governor

Postby PeterBrett » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:06 pm

Postcards are now shipping! The first orders should be hitting letterboxes tomorrow or Saturday. Larger orders will take longer to fulfil.
Board of Governors
PeterBrett
Party Governor

Postby iTomath » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:47 pm

I got my postcards this morning and as soon as I go back to College I shall be handing them out and sticking them up everywhere. I may also post them through letter boxes. :)
iTomath
Swabbie

Postby steffman » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:28 pm

orderring 200 now :) where did you get them printed for such a low price?
steffman
Deckhand

Postby PeterBrett » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Sorry for the delay -- I only got the orders from the last week or so sent to me earlier today. I'll make sure they get posted out tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'd really appreciate some feedback from those of you who've already received your flyers. What worked well? What could be improved? How have you used your flyers? What sort of reactions did you get from people you gave them to?

Thanks! :)

orderring 200 now :) where did you get them printed for such a low price?

http://1-2-print.co.uk -- it's a German company. They were printed in Germany and shipped over here by express courier.
Board of Governors
PeterBrett
Party Governor

Postby Aecidius » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:53 am

I ordered 200 this evening and I'm happy to pass them around my University campus.
Personal Website - http://www.jjbarlow.net | Studying Digital Media @ Brighton University
Aecidius
Sword Sharpener

Postby PeterBrett » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:43 am

Only about 2000 flyers left from this batch -- should we print more the same, or are there changes/improvements that people would like to see made?
Board of Governors
PeterBrett
Party Governor

Postby M2Ys4U » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:44 pm

I'm still waiting for my order to come through, I bought 200 right when they were launched. :S
Jack Allnutt - Deputy Campaigns Officer, Member of the Board of Governors and former RAO for North-West England
Tweet E-Mail
M2Ys4U
Deputy Campaigns Officer

Postby PeterBrett » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:52 pm

m2ys4u wrote:I'm still waiting for my order to come through, I bought 200 right when they were launched. :S

Yours were posted on the 18th February 2010 by 1st class mail. Drop me an e-mail (p.brett@pirateparty.org.uk) and we can figure out if they were sent to the correct address.
Board of Governors
PeterBrett
Party Governor

Postby M2Ys4U » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:57 pm

peterbrett wrote:
m2ys4u wrote:I'm still waiting for my order to come through, I bought 200 right when they were launched. :S

Yours were posted on the 18th February 2010 by 1st class mail. Drop me an e-mail (p.brett@pirateparty.org.uk) and we can figure out if they were sent to the correct address.

E-mail sent, thanks :)
Jack Allnutt - Deputy Campaigns Officer, Member of the Board of Governors and former RAO for North-West England
Tweet E-Mail
M2Ys4U
Deputy Campaigns Officer

Postby iTomath » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:24 pm

The reactions I have got from people have been quite mixed. When I hand them to people age 16-19 I get the reaction "OMG making illegal downloading legal!!" and then the reaction I got from one of my teachers was "I would rather have the government monitor everything I do so that I can live safely without the worry of terrorists etc. I have nothing to hide." It took me a very long time to explain how dangerous giving the government that much power is and the reasons we are doing all this but he still didn't seem too convinced. My Grandad got the wrong impression from the cards also, he said he agrees with a lot of it but seemed to get the impression that we just want to make all music free and not give the artists anything.. I had to spend about an hour explaining it to him before he understood it.

So from seeing this, people are clearly getting the wrong impression and I think that things need to be better explained.

I think it would be good to get some inspiration and ideas from this man: http://www.ted.com/talks/larry_lessig_s ... ivity.html
iTomath
Swabbie

Postby PeterBrett » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:12 pm

Thanks for the feedback, itomath.

Would you be willing to try and write some text for Mk. 2 cards (of approximately the same format as the current text)? Doesn't need to be particularly polished or perfectly phrased -- if you can get the ideas you think we should be conveying down, others can polish it.
Board of Governors
PeterBrett
Party Governor

Postby iTomath » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:03 am

I'll consider it although I am not very good at this kind of thing. Like Duke says, we should probably wait until the manifesto is finished.

I will note down any ideas that I get.
iTomath
Swabbie

Previous

Return to Candidates and Campaigning