Applications from potential candidates

Party Campaigns and candidates - get involved!

Re: Applications from potential candidates

Postby alyoung » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:23 pm

I'm 18, which may be (as I've seen previously) seen as a disadvantage, but I feel that my 'Real World' experience is greater than that of many MPs born with silver spoons in their mouths, as crude as that may be to say. My background of being from a unemployed single-parent family is likely to serve as an advantage as such. I'm currently studying politics, philosophy and (fittingly) economics at the LSE, which puts me in a place of influence on Westminster and a place for wider connections to be made. I have experience of public speaking within the university's SU and otherwise.

As for my role in digital rights activism, I have had little of what could be termed 'practical' influence in that field, but find it the most pertinent of current political fields. The Internet is still a new frontier for which the creative industry needs to adapt itself, and may well do so within legal frameworks for its own advantage, as has already occurred countless times. I believe that ACTA provides a huge threat to worldwide individual freedoms, and must be made completely public.

I would like to stand either in the Birmingham/Walsall area or in Greater London.
alyoung
Swabbie

Re: Applications from potential candidates

Postby azonei » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:25 pm

I'd be quite keen to stand, or support a member to stand, against Stephen Timms.
As a resident of his constituency (East Ham, London) I would love to see the Pirate Party fight a high-profile seat!

I'm a 37 year old teacher, taught in schools in the East/South East London area for the past 8 years, and have lived in the area for around 15 years now.
I've sent a little bit more to John via email, but if anyone has already been nominated to contest this seat, let me know, because I would like to get involved in supporting them!
azonei
Swabbie

Previous

Return to Candidates and Campaigning